If any theme files go missing from the Headway theme folder on your server, you will need to reinstall the theme.
Important: Reinstalling Headway will not change your content, blocks, design, or any other customizations.
- Optional, but recommended. Before reinstalling, run a full site backup (BackupBuddy is recommended).
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Themes in the Appearance menu.
- Click Activate on a theme other than Headway, such as one of the default WordPress themes.
- Click Theme Details on the Headway Base theme.
- Click Delete. This removes the Headway files from your wp-content/themes folder. Your content, customizations, and blocks remain intact.
- Download the latest Headway .zip file from the Headway Members’ Dashboard.
- Install Headway.
- Activate the Headway Base theme.
For more detail about installing and activating Headway, see Installing Headway.