The options panel contains these settings for slider blocks
(previously called the “image rotator” in the media block). For fancier
effects than those the slider block offers, you may want to try a plugin
like NextGen Gallery.
- Image. Click Choose Image to select a file from your site’s media library, your computer, or a URL. Several options appear for each image you choose.
- Hyperlink. Type or paste in the URL to the post, page, or website that will be launched by clicking the image.
- Open Link in New Window.
Usually, images in a slider are highlighting content on the same site,
so you wouldn’t open the destination in a new window. But if you are
linking outside your site, you may want to open the destination in a new
window so the visitor can stay on your site while following the link.
Click the check mark to toggle this option on.
- Caption. Type a caption here if you want one to appear with the image. Captions are displayed over the bottom part of the image.
- “title” Attribute. For the HTML to include a title attribute for this image, type it in this field.
- “alt” Attribute. For the HTML to include an alt attribute for this image, type it in this field.
- Randomize Image Order.
Enabling this option results in the order of the images being shuffled
every time a page using this layout loads. This may be useful when you
have a set of pages you will always highlight, but you want each to have
a chance to be noticed by sometimes being displayed first.
- Crop and Resize Images.
The default setting is for images to be cropped and fit within a
uniform box as wide as the block. Disabling this setting will result in
images having varying heights because they won’t be cropped.
- Animation. Sets the transition effect between slider images.
- Animation Speed. Sets the amount of time the transition lasts.
- Automatic Slide Advancement.
By default, the slider advances through the images automatically. To
require visitors to navigate to each slide to view it, toggle this
- Time Between Slides. The amount of
time an image is displayed before the transition to the next image (not
applicable if you disable automatic slide advancement).
- Show Pager Navigation.
The default slider includes navigation dots that indicate which slide
is being displayed. Clicking a dot skips to that slide. To hide the
dots, toggle this setting off.
- Show Next/Previous Arrows.
Clickable arrows appear at the left and right of the images so the
visitor can skip to the previous or next slide. Disable this setting to
hide the arrows.
No advanced options at this time.