A very small number of fonts are found on all devices people use to browse the web, which limited web designers’ options until recently. Google has provided a large collection of web fonts, or fonts your site can link to, so you can have the same nice-looking font show up for every visitor. To use Google web fonts on your Headway site, you will need to add your Headway license key to WordPress. Applying Google web fonts to your site will be easier if you have already browsed the font collection and identified the ones you want. You don’t need to do anything on the Google site beyond making note of the name of the font you decide on.
Once you have decided on a font:
- Open the Visual Editor to Design Mode.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an element or block in the element tree of the Design Editor.
- Right-click an element or block in the viewport, and select the editing option you want. (See Targeting Elements for Styling: Levels of Customization for more detail.)
- Expand the Fonts group.
- Click Customize next to Font Family, and then click the pencil icon.
- Click the Google Web Fonts tab.
- In the search field, begin typing the name of the font you chose.
- When the font you want appears in the list, mouse over it and click the check mark.
- In the viewport, verify the font gives your site the appearance you want. Then click the Save button.