We have been getting a lot of questions lately concerning whether there will be any updates for Headway soon. In an effort to answer some of these questions, I decided to do a brief post.
- Will there be an update for Headway? Absolutely!
- When will there be an update for Headway? No date set in stone, yet, but it will be as soon as possible keeping in mind that everything has to be ready for “prime time.” We’re not going to divulge any information about dates right now.
- Are you working on an update for Headway? Yes, and if we weren’t, wouldn’t our users be just a bit disappointed? We feel it is our responsibility to respond to our users’ suggestions for improvements. And Clay, who is the brains behind Headway is not going to stop with v1.0 While we feel v1.0 is amazing as do our users, we will always look for ways to make it easier to use and even better at what it does. We can say with confidence the next version will be killer.
- Will there be a cost for updates to Headway if I already own a license? No, your license entitles you to free lifetime upgrades.
- Will those with a developer license being given a chance to try any beta versions early? Yes. And let me expand on this. We are assuming those with a developer’s license may be more advanced in their ability with designing and using code. Because we want to push out the best possible updates we can and because we want to make sure they work just like they should. We will give these advanced users the opportunity to try to break things. Beta means just that beta. It is not the final version the personal license users will get. Nor is it the final version the developers will get. It would be irresponsible of us to give a beta version to someone who is not more advanced in their design abilities. Heck, Clay won’t even give me a beta version to play with.
- If I were to upgrade to the Developer version now, would I get any beta coming out? Yes, but let me give you a caution. Please don’t purchase the developer license just to get any betas coming out if you aren’t sure you have the skills and/or patience to work with a beta. We want you to be 100% happy with your user experience. If you haven’t received any information about a beta yet, that’s because the next version isn’t ready for beta.