No site-wide options are available for resetting layouts and designs, but this feature may become available in a future release.
Resetting a Layout
A layout cannot be reset if it’s the only one you have customized. Resetting the Blog Index layout applies the original preset.
To reset a layout so that customizations are removed and layout inheritance takes over:
- In Grid Mode, click the layout selector.
- Click Edit next to the layout you want to reset.
- Click Reset.
- Click OK to confirm.
Important: Once you reset a layout, you will no longer be editing that layout. Resetting a layout reverts the layout back to layout inheritance so you will be taken to the next layout in the hierarchy (the layout that the layout you just reset is now inheriting from).
Removing Styles from a Layout
To remove style customizations:
- In Design Mode, click the layout selector.
- Click Edit next to the layout with styles you want to reset.
- Select an element or block in the element tree or viewport.
- Expand the group that contains the property you want to reset.
- Mouse over the attribute, and click the X next to the attribute name. The customization is deleted.
Removing All Customizations
There are 2 ways to do this: Creating a New Template which will not delete anything you already have set but will allow you to start fresh in the grid or resetting Headway completely which will get rid of ALL Headway settings, including: Templates, SEO, General Options, Snapshots, and everything in the visual editor.
Creating a new blank Template
Resetting Headway Completely
This process will remove ALL of your Headway settings as if you had just installed and activated Headway Base, so use it with care.
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Tools in the Headway menu.
- Click the Reset tab.
- Click the Reset Headway button.
- Click OK.
To watch a video that goes over these options, click here