Woot! It’s finally here! Headway 1.6 is out, documentation, videos and all.
You can access the documentation by clicking here.
Headway 1.6 brings many new features to the table including a skins and leafs API, importing and exporting of “styles”, body background images, and much more.
- All Headway features in the WordPress admin have been moved from the Appearance module to Headway’s own module.
- Administration panels have been redesigned.
- Skins and Leafs API. If you’re a developer, please refer the documentation on how to use the new APIs.
- You can now add a background image to your site with a simple image uploader.
- Ability to import and export design settings via Styles in the Templates panel in the visual editor.
- Default leaf sets. You can now set a default leaf set that will be applied to every new page you make.
- Ability to reset leafs on page.
- Faster and easier saving in the visual editor.
- Many speed improvements. CSS is auto-cached and the amount of queries have been reduced tenfold.
- SEO: Automatic page and post slug cleanup.
- Live CSS Editor. Edit your CSS and see the changes right before your eyes.
- All leafs have the CSS class of headway-leaf instead of box.
- Added headway_below_leaf action.
Besides the new features, there have been many, many bug fixes.